WaterSense is a labeling program that was introduced in 2006. It aims to decrease indoor and outdoor water use through water efficient products and simple water saving practices.
Consumers can look for the WaterSense label to find products which have been independently certified by third-party licenced body to save water without sacrificing performance or quality the label makes it easy for consumers to identify and select a variety of quality water-efficient products for use in and around their home.
WaterSense currently covers the following product categories:
- Bathroom Sink Faucets
- Flushing Urinals
- High Efficient Toilets
- Landscape Irrigation Services
- New Homes
- Pre-rinse Spray Valves
- at least 20% more water efficient than average products in the same category
- realize water savings on national level
- provide measurable water saving results
- achieve water efficiency through several technology options
- obtain independent, third-party certificate